If you are one of those people that have been wondering if you can make money on TikTok, you are in the right place. TikTok is similar to other social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook where you are allowed to post content among many other features. It turns out that TikTok could even be better for making money than Instagram or Facebook depending on how you use its features.
Let’s get straight to the point, while TikTok pays its users (content creators) for using the platform through pay per view, they are not allowed to earn money through ads like YouTube where you can make money directly from ads shared on your videos. TikTok is yet to implement this process, even though there are reports they plan to do so in the future.
Now, despite that TikTok only pays directly through pay per view on the platform, you can still make money on this app through several other means. TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in recent years because it is still pretty new. Last year, the popular Addison Rae Easterling made about $5 million on TikTok. That looks unreal, but it is can be real also for you if you follow some similar methods.
There are numerous ways to earn on TikTok, but before you can get to that stage where you will be a commanding force, you need to put some things in place. If you don’t do these things, you are not likely to make money on TikTok and these are the methods that were mentioned earlier.
Firstly, you need to create a brand. What does this mean? This is who you are and what your brand represents. It is recommended to pick a specific niche, i.e. what you want people to see you as. When you create videos, they might be about the music industry, it could be romance or any other thing. This is basically how you want people to see you.
Furthermore, what will help people stick to you is if your content is meaningful, whether or not your profile is good enough for them to always be expecting new content. To achieve this, you have to be consistent in how you post. Famous TikTokers upload up to about 15 to 20 videos in a day. Keep in mind that your content must be engaging, you need as many people as possible to comment and like your post.
Also, perfect your profile, it is your identity, your first impression, it matters a lot. Ensure your username is simple and people can easily spell and remember it. Get a username that is very much relevant to your niche. You must also engage with your followers, interact with them whenever they comment on your post, this makes them feel important.
Secondly, you need to post content that people want to watch. There is always a trend, i.e. what people are looking up to on the internet. If you want your videos to be engaging, you have to post content that they want to watch. Posting new content as much as you can is important because it is what draws people to you, moreover, consistency matters.
You cannot post content today and then wait for another week to post another, no one will stick to your profile. TikTok is a place where you need to understand your audience, if you don’t offer value, no one will follow you.
Thirdly, get followers. This is as simple as it sounds but not easy to actually do. When you hear followers, it means real followers, not those fake accounts that will not engage your posts. To make money on TikTok, you need to have at least a couple thousand followers, Addison Rae Easterling for example has about 54 million followers.
Now, if you have done all the steps listed above perfectly, then you should be looking to monetize your TikTok account. There are a few ways you can make money on TikTok aside from the regular pay per view method which also has to do with having enormous followers, let’s check them below:
- Influencer Marketing: This is like any other social media app, you can also make money on TikTok through influencer marketing. For instance, you have a high engagement rate on your posts with quite a big number of followers, the way to go about this is to promote brands on your profile. Depending on your engagement rate, brands offer a huge amount of money for their products to be promoted on the influencers’ page. This is because they are aware that they will have a high return on their investment since the influencers’ engagement rates are high.
- Sponsored Content: You can earn money on TikTok by creating sponsored posts (videos) for brands on their company’s Tiktok account. This same video can also be posted on your TikTok account. Depending on the deal you arrange with the brands, you will be making a huge amount of money.
- Branded Merchandise: This is done by promoting your personal product on your TikTok account. The good thing about this is that you can have a link in your profile that leads people to your online store. Once you promote your product and people like it, all they need to do is to go to your online store through your link and order something.
- Use TikTok to Launch Your Career: TikTok is one of the best platforms to launch your music or acting career. Launching well will help people stick to you, purchasing whatever you have to offer.
- Channel Audience to Other Social Media Accounts: You could channel your TikTok audience to your YouTube account that is monetized through ads. When you link up your TikTok account to your other accounts, you tend to make money from multiple streams. For instance, if you have made a YouTube video, you could share some minutes on your Tiktok account and then direct people to watch the remainder on your YouTube page that you have monetized. If you are smart about it, you simply have no limits.
- Earn Money when you go Live: This is another way to make money on TikTok. You can go live to have direct contact with your followers. If you are good enough, your followers can donate coins, pandas, and diamonds to you. 5000 coins are about $52.68, which can be converted to diamonds and then withdrawn to PayPal. The only setback of going live is that if you are a new user, the option will not be available for you. Going live will only be available for you after you have reached a certain amount of followers.
In conclusion, there is no limit to making money on TikTok, despite that TikTok will only offer you a pay per view method of directly earning from the platform. You have a lot of other ways to make money through it. TikTok is yet to implement the sharing of ads like YouTube, but there are reports that they will be implementing this in the nearest future.
Our team can help you get started in this long process. Register with SocialMissile to make the most out of your TikTok account.